BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine. BIOLASE's products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient's dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Firmware) to be based in Foothill Ranch, CA. The Senior / Principal Firmware Engineer will be responsible for design and development of software modules used in Biolase products, including new product development and maintenance and extension of current products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
· Interpret and contribute to formal software and system requirements
· Develop firmware to support hardware features of Biolase products
· Develop modules to communicate with Biolase user interface systems
· Design and develop microcontroller based software for medical device products
· Develop unit tests and integration tests as needed
· Ensure quality by following software development processes and actively suggesting improvements
· Actively participate in design and code reviews
The ideal candidate will possess most or all of the following qualifications:
· Very strong C/C++ skills
· RTOS experience, especially FreeRTOS or uC/OS
· New hardware co-design and bring up
· Agile development environment
· Debugging and unit test experience including code coverage and complexity analysis
· Experience working with medical device software or other regulated industries a plus
· Java / Android programming skills a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or other related discipline, as well as at least 5 years relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Product safety training per IEC60601 (desirable)
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W / Vets / Disabled)