BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine. BIOLASE's products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient's dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
We are currently seeking a R&D Technician to be based in Corona, CA. The R&D Technician will perform duties, such as, to assemble and test optical and mechanical subassemblies, electronic components and associated accessories within precise specifications, ensuring compliance with established procedures, working within the limits of standard or accepted practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with manufacturing engineers in developing processes
- Provide recommendation and suggestions for process improvement
- Responsible for prototype assemblies of new products
- Train production personnel on proper assembly and testing
- Responsible for building quality laser head for existing products
- Work with Engineers in troubleshooting failed laser head assemblies and provide recommendations for repair
- Train new employees in building and testing Epic optical components
Skills & Experience
- At least 5-7 years medical device manufacturing experience
- Able to read and understand drawings and specifications
- Detailed oriented and can work with minimal supervision
- Must be familiar with microscopes, meters, and measurement devices
- Have a high level of motivation, self-organization, multi-tasking, and analytical skills
- Works with a sense of urgency in driving projects and sets ambitious goals
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years’ experience in electro-mechanical/optical assembly
- Experience in small parts assemblies.
- Optics, Optical Engineering, Photonics, Physics, Bioengineering or related field a plus
BIOLASE is an EOE including disability/veteran