BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine and also markets, sells, and distributes dental imaging equipment, including CAD/CAM scanners. BIOLASE's products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient's dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
We are currently seeking a Product Manager (Upstream) to be based in Foothill Ranch, CA. The Product Manager is responsible for upstream marketing on multiple Biolase laser product lines, including new product development, launch promotion & support, and coordination among all departments within the organization. This position is expected to take a leadership role in supporting both internal and external customers, as well as internal and external support functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Maximize profit, further penetrate the market, and be recognized as the product champion for the assigned product lines.
· Working with senior management, develop and maintain the product and technology roadmaps.
· Provide upstream requirements to engineering for new products and lead the product release process, including working with external third party vendors and partners as needed.
· Support clinical R&D with obtaining regulatory clearances and developing protocols.
· Collaborate with broader Marketing team to develop new sales tools and marketing collateral.
· Provide training to sales team for responsible products.
· Monitor and analyze business and competitive environment
· Provide forecasts and monitor costs with operations and finance.
· Establish relationships with customers and KOLs to develop new products and continuously improve product performance
· Support marketing/sales team at trade shows, product demonstrations, seminars, and other events.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum 4 years overall experience, preferably in the dental industry or other medical devices industry and/or 1 to 3 years upstream experience as a Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager a plus. Experience with upstream product development and product launch. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering, science and/or business. Master’s or MBA degree a plus. Ability to motivate others through influence, rather than direct line authority and to lead cross-functional groups to achieve technical and business objectives. Ability to assimilate complex technical, clinical, and business requirements to lead successful product launches, develop marketing collateral, and train field sales representatives. Takes ownership and responsibility of projects to completion.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W / Vets / Disabled)