The HR generalist will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, helping us to plan and administer important HR functions, such as payroll, staffing, training, compensation and benefits. The Human Resources Generalist performs assigned duties and completes assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Process biweekly US payroll, semi-monthly Canada payroll, and monthly Spain, Germany, and India payrolls
• Provide payroll reports to the Finance department and work with them to resolve any discrepancies
• Ensure compliance with HR-related state and federal regulations and other applicable employment laws
• Partner with people leaders to support employee engagement and productivity
• Support positive employee relations, including assisting with resolving issues
• Maintain personnel files and other employment records
• Create files for new employees and ensure documentation is complete and correct
• Conduct new hire orientations
• Enter new employees in payroll system (Paycom), process I-9 forms and E-Verify
• Create Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) for new hires, transfers, pay and title changes, terminations, etc.
• Publish employment ads, schedule interviews and support an excellent candidate experience, maintain Applicant Tracking System
• Administer Worker’s Compensation Claims
• Administer employee benefits and leaves of absence
• Prepare termination packages
• Create and provide reports
• Assist employees with timekeeping (e.g., missed punches) and audit timecards
• Address benefits and other questions from employees
• Prepare, update and maintain job descriptions
• Distribute annual required notices to all employees (SAR, 401K SPD, etc.)
• Support positive employee relations
• Must maintain confidentiality
• Prepare and submit required reports, including EEO and VETS
• Prepares reports needed for annual Affirmative Action Program, and works with third party to analyze results
• Prepares offers of employment and submits background checks
• Prepares reports and documentation requested during annual SOX audit, 401K non-discrimination testing, 401K plan audit, worker’s compensation, audit, benefit census, etc.
• Participates in the development of department goals, objectives and processes
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience processing payroll required. Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification strongly preferred.