As a Grounds Intern with FC Dallas, you will work with our Complex team to maintain our professional sports fields. We are one of the first soccer-specific stadiums built in the United States and have hosted several high-profile soccer matches among other sporting events at Toyota Stadium & Toyota Soccer Center. The combination of a world-class stadium plus a sports park makes Toyota Stadium one of the best and unique soccer facilities in the world. The 145-acre Toyota Soccer Center also includes 17 regulation-sized, tournament-grade soccer fields.
The internship will take place from January to May, 2022.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in day-to-day turf management associated with maintaining professional sports field complex.
- Operate and maintain turf management equipment.
- Assist with complex field management and set-up as needed.
- Assist in stadium field set-up (soccer matches, concerts, football games)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Hardworking, reliable, and have a can-do attitude.
- A team player who is open to learn and develop expertise in grass & turf management.
- Capable of working outside for long periods of time in various weather conditions.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to days, nights, mornings, weekends, and holidays.
Skills & Experience
- Must be an active college student or recent graduate, preferably with a degree in Turf Management or related field.
- Required to be fully vaccinated prior to start date with FC Dallas.
- Experience working on sports fields, golf courses, or landscape management highly preferred but not required.
- Irrigation management and repair experience preferred.
- Able to lift, carry, and transport up to 75 pounds.