The Broadcasting Intern must be available for the entire 2022 Major League Soccer Season (anticipated January-October for regular season and November 2022 for MLS playoffs).
The internships allow the individual to gain valuable experience with a professional organization for their future in the sports, entertainment, and marketing industry. All candidate hours can be flexible to accommodate with your school or work schedule. Some nights, weekends, and holidays will be required.
As an FC Dallas Broadcast Intern you will get experience in digital content creation and media relations. At the conclusion of your internship, you will have published packages samples to boost your portfolio.
Be sure to upload your online reel or video samples to be considered for this internship.
What you’ll do:
- Work shooting both FC Dallas and North Texas SC games.
- Assist with setting up and shooting match preview sound and postgame press conferences.
- Assist with shooting and editing press conferences & media scrums.
- Help edit packages, broadcast scripts for pregame shows.
- Log game footage.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- A passionate sports fan with some soccer knowledge.
- Positive, upbeat, and a self-starter student.
- Able to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Capable of working under pressure while juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Required to be able to work a flexible schedule to include some nights, weekends and holidays based on game schedule.
Skills & Experience
- Must be an active college student or recent graduate. Preferably pursing a degree and/or career in Broadcast, Journalism or Communications.
- Required to be fully vaccinated prior to start date with FC Dallas.
- Familiarity/experience with broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Experience with video editing software, preferably Adobe Premiere.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish, Portuguese) is helpful, but not required.
- A reel or video samples must be submitted that demonstrate this ability.