02 Apr 2023
District of Columbia - Washington
Computer Software Engineer, Systems Software
Sorry, no Sponsorship available for this position.
FTE - Must be willing to work hybrid schedule for onsite (DC) and remote capabilities.
- Must have the ability to obtain Top Secret (We will assist , you have to be able to be cleared)
XMS is seeking an Active Directory (AD) Senior System Engineer with advanced PowerShell scripting capability, responsible for analysis, design, and implementation coordination and Tier-3 level support for complex, enterprise level AD and Cloud solutions.
The Senior Systems Engineer will work within the AD Engineering Team organization, interacting with peer teams and partner groups, scaling and deploying improvement, consolidation and migration efforts within the enterprise.
This role requires an in-depth knowledge of the Active Directory, Domain controllers, Azure Cloud with a proficiency in PowerShell scripting. The candidate must have demonstrated prior and active experience in managing multi-domain issues.
- Analysis, design, testing and deployment of Active Directory, Azure AD & Domain Controllers
- Advanced knowledge of PowerShell scripting capability with an understanding cloud scripting
- Tier 3 level troubleshooting including diagnosing complex replication and multi domain issues.
- Develop standards, target states, roadmaps, effectively communicating and obtaining consensus across architecture, engineering, and operations teams
- Independently manage and perform engineering role for large scale Active Directory efforts and initiatives
- Develop detailed architecture, standards, design and implementation documentation
- Analyze current Active Directory Security Baseline deployments to identify both technical and operational challenges while making recommendations and developing solutions for improvement
Required Education & Experience
- Experience and confidence to be the subject matter expert (SME) Senior Active Directory System Engineer in a large AD environment with the proven ability to coordinate technical efforts and resolve issues across multiple teams.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 2016 and 2019 Member Servers and Domain Controller operating systems platforms, DNS, networks, DMZs, network security zones
- Expert knowledge of ADDS, ADFS, Azure AD and Windows Server Operating Systems 2016 & up.
- Experience working on on-prem and cloud platforms
- Extensive and deep knowledge of advanced PowerShell scripting, Group Policy Objects (GPO) experience, Group Policy precedence order and scope of management, WMI filters, Group Policy Preferences, group-based GPO filtering,
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including proven experience effectively communicating technical challenges and solutions to peers, customers and senior management
- A Strong understanding of DNS Management
- Microsoft MSCE certification (Desired)
- Experience working in Azure environment
- Microsoft and/or networking certifications.
- Working knowledge of Certificate/CA/PKI infrastructure
- Working knowledge of LDAP and ability to comfortably construct queries
- Ability to apply ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Understanding of 3rd party management and monitoring solutions (SCCM, SCOM, others)
- Familiarity with DoS processes.
- Do you desire to acquire Clearance status?
- With required experience, XMS Solutions will sponsor the effort and help you acquire the necessary clearance.
- Must have the ability to obtain Top Secret (TS)
WHAT DO YOU GET
- FANTASTIC BENEFITS- 100% PAID INSURANCE PREMIUMS for you and your family, 3 weeks vacation, paid holidays, MONTHLY COMMISSIONS & a great environment to work in!
email me- firstname.lastname@example.org
text me @ 315-559-5252
XMS Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Skills & Experience
Active Directory, MS Windows Active Directory (AD), Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AAD), Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) and Microsoft Azure Application Proxy (AZAP)