BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine. BIOLASE’s products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient’s dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
The Account Specialist is responsible for supporting productive, long-term relationships with customers, partnering with and educating them, and developing their practices to deliver on the BIOLASE value proposition. This role also involves partnering with others in the region, including the (Senior) Strategic Territory Manager, Inside Sales Representative and Field Service Engineer to increase overall sales. The primary focus of the Account Specialist is sales and integration of Epic Brands, consumables and services and driving leads for the flagship Waterlase products within the assigned region. This role is based in New York City.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for sales goal attainment within current customer base in prescribed geographic region, which requires direct and/or indirect sales activities.
• Develop long-term, sales and service-oriented productive relationships with customers.
• Facilitate and ensure successful integration of BIOLASE technology into customer practices and delivery of its value proposition.
• Conduct product orientations and assist post-sale training opportunities and sell added training, as necessary. Work with existing offices especially those with multiple Hygienists and only one Epic brand laser and assist with integration.
• Maintain regular contact with customers and prospects as directed to strengthen relationships and ensure satisfaction with solutions and support. This includes making efforts to revitalize customer engagement and utilization of all BIOLASE products when necessary.
• Display or demonstrate products, consulting on solutions and value proposition.
• Quote prices on Epic brands with guidance from Senior Territory Manager, RSD and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Complete customer order forms and leasing documents, as necessary.
• Participate in Biolase event activity and other events as assigned.
• Conduct a minimum of six learning ROI events per month with Epic offices and showcase our integration protocol to help sell and implement additional Epics and create Waterlase leads (e.g., Lunch and Learns).
• Complete Weekly Plans, expense reports and reports as directed in a timely fashion.
• Document office visits per company process (in Salesforce CRM system)
• Investigate and leverage company resources to resolve customer challenges.
• Travel as needed to meet with customers and participate in meetings and/or other activities - normal and regular travel may require significant days away from home.
• Always represent BIOLASE in a professional and responsible manner.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Degree in Dental Hygiene or Bachelor’s degree from College or university; and minimum of two years demonstrated successful sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience – with specific domain experience. Knowledge of dental clinical and practice/business a must.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W / Vets / Disabled)