The Frisco Bowl is seeking an Operations Assistant to support the development and execution of the annual bowl game and associated events. The Operations Assistant will work with the Frisco Bowl staff, and report directly to the Executive Director.
This is a year-round, part-time position working approximately 25-30 hours per week, except during bowl month where hours will increase. The position requires potential working during the Christmas and New Year’s Day weeks, with some nights and weekends as well.
What you’ll do:
- Assist bowl staff with operational elements of the bowl game such as signage, trophies, ticket mailings, player and VIP gifts, team communications, website, social media, etc.
- Assist with the creation, maintaining and distribution of the Bowl Operations Manual.
- Assist staff in planning and hands-on execution of the team welcome events, team dinners, charity hospital visit, team practices and other bowl week activities.
- Assist the Executive Director with coordinating the Frisco Bowl’s social media and website exposure to include creation and execution of social media and web content.
- Assist with game management duties at the bowl game and to direct interns in specific game operations activities during game (i.e. – creation of time management schedules).
- Assist the FC Dallas operations staff in the coordination of the bowl game planning and implementation to include organizing and attending game operations meetings.
- Work with partner hotels/sponsors in the development and setup of Hospitality Rooms for each hotel (decorations, layout, games, TVs, other needs).
- Assist with Hospitality Room greeters, concierges and interns at each hotel during Bowl week.
- Assist in research to develop creative outings for VIPs during Bowl week (For example: Top Golf, Main Event, Pro Sports events, etc.).
- Manage ticket distribution with the FC Dallas ticket office to include sponsors, military, presentations, group, and complimentary tickets.
- Assist the Executive Director on sponsorship and sales needs as determined.
- Assist the Executive Director with the distribution of all collateral and promotional pieces associated with the Frisco Bowl (pin, postcard, various ads – both print and online, etc.).
- Attend Board and Executive Council meetings with bowl staff.
- Coordinate and generate production of the printed and/or digital Game Program.
- Assist with creation and ordering of credential lanyards.
- Assist with communications including bowl website, e-newsletters and social media pages as needed.
- Serve as primary coordinator for the Frisco Bowl photo archives.
- Assist with coordination of the Frisco Bowl Golf Tournament.
- Work with Game Officials Liaison on getting all hotel, tickets, gifts, transportation, etc. coordinated for the officials.
- Coordinate the fulfillment of charitable requests.
- Assist with all mailings, clerical needs, and other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Skills & Experience
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop and/or Illustrator and typing skills.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Canva, various social media platforms and photo editing software a plus.
- Fully vaccinated candidates highly preferred.