The Social Media Intern must be available for the entire 2022 Major League Soccer Season (anticipated January-October for regular season and November 2022 for MLS playoffs).
The internships allow the individual to gain valuable experience with a professional organization for their future in the sports, entertainment, and marketing industry. All candidate hours can be flexible to accommodate with your school or work schedule. Some nights, weekends, and holidays will be required.
As an FC Dallas Social Media Intern, you will have the opportunity to create content for one of the most creative social media teams in sports. You will work on not just the FC Dallas social media accounts but also contribute to the following social media accounts: 2019 USL League One Champion North Texas SC, the National Soccer Hall of Fame, and Toyota Stadium. At the conclusion of your internship, you will have a range of skills including photo editing, video editing and copywriting plus published writing samples, media relations collateral to boost your portfolio.
What you’ll do:
- Content Ideation.
- Scheduling social media posts for the National Soccer Hall of Fame and Toyota Stadium.
- Tik Tok Management .
- IG Stories.
- Photo Editing.
- Gameday Support.
- Player Specific content.
- Gif creation.
- A passionate sports fan with some soccer knowledge.
- Creative, enthusiastic and a self-starter student.
- A team player who is innovative and able to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Capable of working under pressure while juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Required to be able to work a flexible schedule to include some nights, weekends and holidays based on game schedule.
Skills & Experience
- Must be an active college student or recent graduate. Preferably pursing a degree and/or career in Sports Marketing, Digital Media, Marketing or Public Relations.
- Required to be fully vaccinated prior to start date with FC Dallas.
- Excellent interpersonal plus verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of Photoshop.
- Able to edit photos, videos, and graphics.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish, Portuguese) is helpful, but not required.